Made some mainly aesthetic changes, he now has eyes and a tail, and will swim along to a point instead of just bolting there. His explosion if you press too many keys too fast is now a little more epic too. The background will change if you form a horizontal line on the keyboard, but this wont be a permanent thing - more just me playing with how I can integrate the shape recognition I've already coded into the interaction.
- Key "squares" have changed to circles. This helps dissociate the "key" from what is happening on the screen - this idea's not about the keys, it's about the movement.
- Shape recognition. Processing will recognise when vertical and horiztonal lines are made on the keyboard. I haven't found a practical use yet, but the lines around the screen will get bigger the better your line. Be quick!
- Characterising elements in the dot: reaction time and meandering once the keyspots disappear.
Me learning how to use objects. The fact I used an object turned out to be not-so-helpful in this, but it's good to have a better understanding nonetheless.
y = increase y scatter
u = decrease y scatter
x = increase x scatter
c = decrease x scatter
f = fade off
g = fade on
click = pause
q = start decay
w = keep size
e = start growth
j = MOAR DOTS
k = less dots
You can make a huge amount of patterns and stuff with those keys. If you don't really understand what one of them does, put it on fade (g) and investigate.
Some on-task work. Pretty boring changing of standard attributes. Probably wont be using any of this, except maybe stroke (in its extremities), curvature, and rotation (if I can talk my way around it).
Press to increase:
h = height
w = width
l = length
t = angle
c = curvature of lines
s = stroke
Move the mouse around the screen to change the colour of the shape which is forming. Click to pause, click to resume. Experiment with pause, move mouse far away, unpause, move mouse far away, etc etc. You can get some cool patterns.
I started drawing a 2D image of a box of cards. However, when I changed values of theta to rotate the box, everything seemed to break.
So I set theta to theta=theta+0.01 to where where the errors were occurring. But as it turned out, constantly increasing theta did much cooler things than investigate where my box broke...
My first play around on Processing after my first DSDN 142 tutorial at university. Pretty basic stuff, but I had a laugh making it. There are probably way easier ways to do the same thing, but I've kinda worked with what I know.
Move the mouse around.
The bottom right corner isn't very exciting, the B value seems to hit zero really fast - not sure why, didn't want to invest too much time in finding out why. Forgive me.